April 23rd, 2018 09:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Announcing SocialGood, the Cryptocurrency that Makes Society Better
Global Sales of Tokens Valued in Excess of USD 500 million
“Announcing SocialGood, the Cryptocurrency that Makes Society Better
Global Sales of Tokens Valued in Excess of USD 500 million
Social Good Foundation Inc. (Headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, CEO: Soichiro Takaoka) announces an initial coin offering (ICO) for tokens of the SocialGood cryptocurrency. Sales will be limited to a maximum of USD 500 million. Please see the Whitepaper for details.
- The cryptocurrency used in the Social Good Ecosystem™.
- When a holder of SocialGood does shopping in the system, the holder can get cash back and can do donation to a social contribution organization automatically.
The First ICO in Japan, with Form D filed with SEC, US
- We filed the Form D with SEC on April 18, 2018 to cover US accredited investors.
- The sale of tokens is for residents, individuals and businesses, eligible for purchasing cryptocurrency of this type in countries and regions where laws and regulations thereof allow them to do so.
- The ICO starts on April 23, 2018 for residents outside Japan. Sales to residents in Japan, in the meantime, will begin at some point in or after November 2018, via cryptocurrency traders. We plan to have SocialGood be listed on cryptocurrency exchanges, both within Japan and abroad. Listing is scheduled to be completed by the end of December 2018.
Comparison with Bitcoin
- Like Bitcoin, SocialGood will offer means to store (asset) value, and settlement mechanisms.
- Unlike Bitcoin, however, the SocialGood will have economic value while held. SocialGood owners will receive cash back from alliance businesses for every purchase.In contrast with Bitcoin, there is an ability to automatically contribute to society.
- In contrast with Bitcoin, there is reasonable expectation for a steady increase in price formation because there is a mechanism within the Social Good EcosystemTM for continual purchase demand.
The Social Good Ecosystem™ Promotes Social Contributions at a Global Level
- This is the world’s first socially contributing token ecosystem, by means of the SocialGood cryptocurrency. Tokens sold in this ICO will be positioned with membership privileges that enable participation in the ecosystem.
- Every time a SocialGood owner makes a purchase from an affiliated company, they will be able to receive cash back. Artificial intelligence (AI) will donate a portion of that returned cash to socially contributing organizations, for which patent applications have been filed in the US and Japan.
- Many large companies are planning to participate in the Social Good Ecosystem™. Participation has already been confirmed for multiple companies.
- The AI algorithm that performs the automatic donations is jointly developed in an academic-industrial alliance with Meiji University.
The sales period shall run from April 23rd to December 23rd of 2018, although sales will end before that if a valuation of USD 500 million is reached.
The initial price will equate 1 SocialGood to USD 50. That price shall increase weekly at a rate of USD 1 to reach a price by the end of December 2018, of 1 SocialGood for USD 100.
Settlement currencies shall be USD, Bitcoin, and Ethereum.
The minimum available purchase amount shall start at 1 SocialGood.
The exchange listing is planned for the end of December 2018.
The Social Good Foundation Inc., the Issuing Body
- Marketplace operations based on the use of AI and blockchain technology.
- Issuance of cryptocurrency.
- Social contributions.
To Make Society Better. Everything we do occurs under the rubric of this motto. The means by which we shall change the world shall be the expansion of an ecosystem which offers a win-win-win proposition to individuals, businesses, and all of society, connecting the world with a cryptocurrency token.
Some Team Members
After graduating from Tokyo University and joining Mitsui & Co., Ltd., he founded the Ayumi Trust Group, which manages financial and media concerns for the wealthy, within the financial technology (fintech) sector. In 2018, he was appointed CEO of Social Good Foundation, Inc., to promote a socially contributing ecosystem that utilizes blockchain technology and AI.
A graduate of the Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. After serving as a professor at the Hitotsubashi University Institute of Innovation Research, among other positions, he became a specially appointed professor at Hitotsubashi University. His research centered on innovation. A chance meeting with Muhammad Yunus, the director of the Grameen Bank, led to his appointment as a Grameen Special Advisor for Japan. An active proponent of social entrepreneurism.
Doctor of Engineering and Professor at the Department of Computer Science for the Meiji University School of Science and Technology. As a global authority on artificial intelligence calculations, he has served as a guest professor for the Computer Science Division at the University of California, Berkeley, and has earned a distinguished record for joint research with Sony and Panasonic. Performing leading edge research in highly-precise recommendation engines and highly-precise targeting.
A graduate of Tokyo University, he has served, among other positions, as the managing director for Nikko Securities, and the chief operating officer for the SBI Group. He has been a member of the Business Accounting Council, the Financial System Research Council, and the Council on Trade.
Extensive career in multinational AI Startups. Recent successful ICO of JPY 1 Billion equivalent for a Swiss corporation as CTO. Technology expert in a wide variety of IT areas (e.g., hosting a WEB media site with 15 million MAUs and system developments for major IT companies such as Google, DNP, and JCB). A member of the Japan Blockchain Association.
Harvard University Master (Kennedy School of Govt., MPA). Ex-Internal Auditor at MUFG and MUFG MUMSS (subsidiary) IAs, and in charge of handling regulatory issues as the representative counterparty officer with various regulators.
Ex-President of Rakuten Card and MD of Rakuten BK, building as much as USD $1.4 Billion in assets at Rakuten Card. Extensive expertise and experience in IT business.
Entrepreneur. Founder of startups. The only Japanese national who has had winning litigation records against IT global giants, including Google.
President of Kohno & Kohno, Patent Office, Author of “FinTech Patent and Intellectual Property Strategy.” 40+ year career in IP and legal.
Social Good Foundation, Inc.
Shin Yoshida, Public Relations Director,
18F West Tower Otemachi First Square
1-5-1 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan